The Chloride Colorimeter is a compact analytical instrumentation for online analysis and process monitoring. The colorimeter is based on a color-developing chemical reaction carried out inside the analyser glass cell. The sample from the process stream is autonomously grabbed by the instrument and mixed with the appropriate reagents to make the reaction happen. The analyser uses an LED light source and a photodiode to photometrically measure the developed color intensity (absorbance). The absorbance is proportional to the concentration of the target chemical species (analyte).
The Colorimetric Analyser is the ideal instrument for industrial
application such as:
- Water treatment plants
- Cooling tower
- River monitoring
- Food Industry
Chloride ions are one of the major inorganic anions in water and wastewater. Although high concentrations of chloride in water are not known to be toxic to humans, its regulation is mainly due to adverse effects on taste. It is essential to monitor chloride concentrations in boiler systems to prevent metal parts from being damaged. In high levels, chloride can corrode stainless steel. The level of chloride concentrations in boiler and cooling towers varies from small quantities to very high levels. Furthermore, high levels of chloride discharge can be toxic to plant life.
Chlorides are the salts of hydrochloric acid with a metal, such as ammonium chloride (NH4Cl), calcium chloride (CaCl2), and magnesium chloride (MgCl2). When dissolved in water, these salts produce chloride ions, Cl-.
This Chloride Colorimeter will measure the chloride content in water and wastewater samples.
Advantages of On-line Analysis
- Dual compartment enclosure to ensure good separation
between electronics and hydraulics.
- Better reliable sampling pump that is able to reach a pump
height of up to 5 meters
- Built-in temperature heated controlled reacted measuring cell.
- Quick testing time, average around 7 minutes.
- Good repeatability by automation measurement
- Auto cleaning features that can be programmable
- Interval testing made possible depends on user requirements
- Test on demand available for ad-hoc measurement
- Low reagent level alarm warning.
- Manual datalogging with RS232 download (Standard)
- Connectivity to PLC or wireless network by means of 4-20mA
output or RS485 (optional)
- Monitoring of multiple streams (up to 4) possible by
multiplexing configuration (built-in feature)
- Easy maintenance