The Nitrite Colorimeter is a compact analytical instrumentation for online analysis and process monitoring. The colorimeter is based on a color-developing chemical reaction carried out inside the analyser glass cell. The sample from the process stream is autonomously grabbed by the instrument and mixed with the appropriate reagents to make the reaction happen. The analyser uses an LED light source and a photodiode to photometrically measure the developed color intensity (absorbance). The absorbance is proportional to the concentration of the target chemical species (analyte).
The Colorimetric Analyser is the ideal instrument for industrial
application such as:
- Drinking water
- Process optimisation of wastewater treatment plants
- Industrial and municipal wastewater
- Surface water
- Boiler feed and cooling water
Nitrites can be harmful to aquatic organisms even in low concentrations and for this reason, they are closely monitored in aquaculture facilities. In cooling towers, however, an adequate amount of nitrites is necessary to prevent corrosion.
In high concentrations, they can be harmful to the environmental to the environment and to humans. They are therefore, normally monitored to verify the quality of water for domestic use, as well as lakes and pools.
Nitrites are an intermediate product in the nitrogen cycle and are produced by ammonia oxidation with water, or even originate in industrial waste directly. They must not be present in drinking water.
This Nitrite Colorimeter will measure the nitrite content in water and wastewater samples.
Advantages of On-line Analysis
- Dual compartment enclosure to ensure good separation
between electronics and hydraulics.
- Better reliable sampling pump that is able to reach a pump
height of up to 5 meters
- Built-in temperature heated controlled reacted measuring cell.
- Quick testing time, average around 7 minutes.
- Good repeatability by automation measurement
- Auto cleaning features that can be programmable
- Interval testing made possible depends on user requirements
- Test on demand available for ad-hoc measurement
- Low reagent level alarm warning.
- Manual datalogging with RS232 download (Standard)
- Connectivity to PLC or wireless network by means of 4-20mA
output or RS485 (optional)
- Monitoring of multiple streams (up to 4) possible by
multiplexing configuration (built-in feature)
- Easy maintenance