The Copper Colorimeter is a compact analytical instrumentation for online analysis and process monitoring. The colorimeter is based on a color-developing chemical reaction carried out inside the analyser glass cell. The sample from the process> stream is autonomously grabbed by the instrument and mixed with the appropriate reagents to make the reaction happen. The analyser uses an LED light source and a photodiode to photometrically measure the developed color intensity (absorbance). The absorbance is proportional to the concentration of the target chemical species (analyte).
The Colorimetric Analyser is the ideal instrument for industrial application such as:
- Water treatment plants
- Plating industry
- Ground water
Copper is one of the most abundant metals in earth’s crust. Because of its malleability, thermal and electrical conductivity, corrosion resistance, and other useful qualities, it is used in a large variety of industrial and technological applications.
Copper is found in effluents and natural water both as suspended solids and salt. A high concentration is toxic plants and animals, which accounts for its rigorous monitoring by the authorities and industry. Lower concentrations are often employed to contain the growth of plankton and algae. This Copper Colorimeter will measure the copper content in water and wastewater samples.
Advantages of On-line Analysis
- Dual compartment enclosure to ensure good separation
between electronics and hydraulics.
- Better reliable sampling pump that is able to reach a pump
height of up to 5 meters
- Built-in temperature heated controlled reacted measuring cell.
- Quick testing time, average around 7 minutes.
- Good repeatability by automation measurement
- Auto cleaning features that can be programmable
- Interval testing made possible depends on user requirements
- Test on demand available for ad-hoc measurement
- Low reagent level alarm warning.
- Manual datalogging with RS232 download (Standard)
- Connectivity to PLC or wireless network by means of 4-20mA
output or RS485 (optional)
- Monitoring of multiple streams (up to 4) possible by
multiplexing configuration (built-in feature)
- Easy maintenance