The Aluminium Colorimeter is a compact analytical instrumentation for online analysis and process monitoring. The colorimeter is based on a color-developing chemical reaction carried out inside the analyser glass cell. The sample from the process stream is autonomously grabbed by the instrument and mixed with the appropriate reagents to make the reaction happen. The analyser uses an LED light source and a photodiode to photometrically measure the developed color intensity (absorbance). The absorbance is proportional to the concentration of the target chemical species (analyte).
Designed in compliance with CE electromagnetic standards and using watertight IP54 enclosure, the Colorimetric Analyser is the ideal instrument for industrial application such as:
- Water treatment plants
- Industrial effluents monitoring
- River monitoring
- Ground water
Aluminium is the most abundant metal and the third most abundant element in the Earth’s crust, behind only oxygen and silicon. It is a lightweight, silvery metal, familiar to every household in the form of pots and pans, beverage cans, and aluminium foil. It is nontoxic, corrosion resistant, non-magnetic, and easy to form or cast into a variety of shapes. It is one of the most useful metals we have.
In spite of the fact that aluminium is very active chemically, it does not corrode in moist air the way iron does. Instead, it quickly forms a thin, hard coating of aluminium oxide. Aluminium is used in water purification because when it reacts with lime (or any base), it forms a sticky precipitate of aluminium hydroxide that sweeps out tiny particles of impurities.
Advantages of On-line Analysis
- Dual compartment enclosure to ensure good separation
between electronics and hydraulics.
- Better reliable sampling pump that is able to reach a pump
height of up to 5 meters
- Built-in temperature heated controlled reacted measuring cell.
- Quick testing time, average around 7 minutes.
- Good repeatability by automation measurement
- Auto cleaning features that can be programmable
- Interval testing made possible depends on user requirements
- Test on demand available for ad-hoc measurement
- Low reagent level alarm warning.
- Manual datalogging with RS232 download (Standard)
- Connectivity to PLC or wireless network by means of 4-20mA
output or RS485 (optional)
- Monitoring of multiple streams (up to 4) possible by
multiplexing configuration (built-in feature)
- Easy maintenance