The Hydrazine Colorimeter is a compact analytical instrumentation for online analysis and process monitoring. The colorimeter is based on a color-developing chemical reaction carried out inside the analyser glass cell. The sample from the process stream is autonomously grabbed by the instrument and mixed with the appropriate reagents to make the reaction happen. The analyser uses an LED light source and a photodiode to photometrically measure the developed color intensity (absorbance). The absorbance is proportional to the concentration of the target chemical species (analyte).
The Colorimetric Analyser is the ideal instrument for industrial application such as:
- Power Plants
- Cooling water
- Water Steam cycle
- Boiler feedwater
- Control and optimization of oxygen scavenger systems
Hydrazine is a liquid chemical substance normally used in high pressure heating plants because of its properties as an oxygen inhibitor. It is added to avoid scaling and corrosion in the plant itself. Hydrazine reacts with dissolved oxygen to yield nitrogen and water, hydrazine thus has the advantage over the sulfite treatment because it does not produce any dissolved solids in the boiled water. Hydrazine is also used in tanks because it controls the growth of bacteria.
Hydrazine reacts with the p-dimethylaminobenzaldehyde to form a yellow color which is proportional to the hydrazine concentration.
This Hydrazine Colorimeter will measure the hydrazine content in water samples.
Advantages of On-line Analysis
- Dual compartment enclosure to ensure good separation
between electronics and hydraulics.
- Better reliable sampling pump that is able to reach a pump
height of up to 5 meters
- Built-in temperature heated controlled reacted measuring cell.
- Quick testing time, average around 7 minutes.
- Good repeatability by automation measurement
- Auto cleaning features that can be programmable
- Interval testing made possible depends on user requirements
- Test on demand available for ad-hoc measurement
- Low reagent level alarm warning.
- Manual datalogging with RS232 download (Standard)
- Connectivity to PLC or wireless network by means of 4-20mA
output or RS485 (optional)
- Monitoring of multiple streams (up to 4) possible by
multiplexing configuration (built-in feature)
- Easy maintenance