Chromium (VI) Colorimetric
The Chromium Colorimeter is a compact analytical instrumentation for online analysis and process monitoring. The colorimeter is based on a color-developing chemical reaction carried out inside the analyser glass cell. The sample from the process stream is autonomously grabbed by the instrument and mixed with the appropriate reagents to make the reaction happen. The analyser uses an LED light source and a photodiode to photometrically measure the developed color intensity (absorbance). The absorbance is proportional to the concentration of the target chemical species (analyte).
The Colorimetric Analyser is the ideal instrument for industrial
application such as:
- Water treatment plants
- Cooling tower
- Textile industry
- Tannery industry
Under normal temperatures, chromium is corrosion-resistant. For this reason, monitoring chromium level plays an important role in the plating industry as well as cooling towers.
Chromium VI is used in textile manufacturing as a catalyst in the dyeing process and as a dye for wool (chrome dyes). Chrome is also the primary threat whenever tanning industry comes into place. Wastes releases from tannery industries contain major toxicity of chromium which releases into the environment direct or indirectly.
Chromium creates unfavorable outcomes by altering the normal physiochemical properties of soil and water.
This Chromium Colorimeter will measure the hexavalent chromium (Cr VI) content in water and wastewater samples.
Advantages of On-line Analysis
- Dual compartment enclosure to ensure good separation
between electronics and hydraulics.
- Better reliable sampling pump that is able to reach a pump
height of up to 5 meters
- Built-in temperature heated controlled reacted measuring cell.
- Quick testing time, average around 7 minutes.
- Good repeatability by automation measurement
- Auto cleaning features that can be programmable
- Interval testing made possible depends on user requirements
- Test on demand available for ad-hoc measurement
- Low reagent level alarm warning.
- Manual datalogging with RS232 download (Standard)
- Connectivity to PLC or wireless network by means of 4-20mA
output or RS485 (optional)
- Monitoring of multiple streams (up to 4) possible by
multiplexing configuration (built-in feature)
- Easy maintenance