The Hardness Colorimeter is a compact analytical instrumentation for online analysis and process monitoring. The colorimeter is based on a color-developing chemical reaction carried out inside the analyser glass cell. The sample from the process stream is autonomously grabbed by the instrument and mixed with the appropriate reagents to make the reaction happen. The analyser uses an LED light source and a photodiode to photometrically measure the developed color intensity (absorbance). The absorbance is proportional to the concentration of the target chemical species (analyte).
The Colorimetric Analyser is the ideal instrument for industrial application such as:
- Power Plants
- Cooling water
- Water Steam cycle
- Boiler feedwater
- Reversed osmosis
- Ion exchangers
- Ultrapure water
- Turbine protection
- Drinking water
Total hardness refers to the presence of magnesium and calcium and is due mainly to the runoff water dissolving these salts as it flows or filters through different media. Hardness can also be caused by scaling of pipes in cooling and heating systems.
The colorimetric method for measuring hardness is able to measure very low levels of calcium and magnesium. The indicator dye, calmagite, forms a purplish-blue color in a strongly alkaline solution and changes to red when it reacts with calcium and magnesium.
This Hardness Colorimeter will measure the hardness content in water and wastewater samples.
Advantages of On-line Analysis
- Dual compartment enclosure to ensure good separation
between electronics and hydraulics.
- Better reliable sampling pump that is able to reach a pump
height of up to 5 meters
- Built-in temperature heated controlled reacted measuring cell.
- Quick testing time, average around 7 minutes.
- Good repeatability by automation measurement
- Auto cleaning features that can be programmable
- Interval testing made possible depends on user requirements
- Test on demand available for ad-hoc measurement
- Low reagent level alarm warning.
- Manual datalogging with RS232 download (Standard)
- Connectivity to PLC or wireless network by means of 4-20mA
output or RS485 (optional)
- Monitoring of multiple streams (up to 4) possible by
multiplexing configuration (built-in feature)
- Easy maintenance