Silica Colorimetric Online Analyser
The Silica Colorimeter is a compact analytical instrumentation for online analysis and process monitoring. The colorimeter is based on a color-developing chemical reaction carried out inside the analyser glass cell. The sample from the process stream is autonomously grabbed by the instrument and mixed with the appropriate reagents to make the reaction happen. The analyser uses an LED light source and a photodiode to photometrically measure the developed color intensity (absorbance). The absorbance is proportional to the concentration of the target chemical species (analyte).
The Colorimetric Analyser is the ideal instrument for industrial application such as:
- Power Utility
- Cooling water
- Drinking water
- Ultrapure water treatment
- Water steam cycle
- High pressure boiler feedwater
- Reverse osmosis
- Turbine protection
- Demineralization plants
Silica is found in all natural waters in the dissolved mineral form. Silica is only slightly soluble in water and therefore depends on the pH level of the water and on the minerals containing silica in contact with water.
Silica’s presence in industrial applications is undesirable since it causes scaling in particular, high pressure turbines are highly affected by this factor. Heating systems and reverse osmosis plants also require monitoring of silica.
This Silica Colorimeter will measure the silica content in water
and wastewater samples.
Advantages of On-line Analysis
- Dual compartment enclosure to ensure good separation
between electronics and hydraulics.
- Better reliable sampling pump that is able to reach a pump
height of up to 5 meters
- Built-in temperature heated controlled reacted measuring cell.
- Quick testing time, average around 7 minutes.
- Good repeatability by automation measurement
- Auto cleaning features that can be programmable
- Interval testing made possible depends on user requirements
- Test on demand available for ad-hoc measurement
- Low reagent level alarm warning.
- Manual datalogging with RS232 download (Standard)
- Connectivity to PLC or wireless network by means of 4-20mA
output or RS485 (optional)
- Monitoring of multiple streams (up to 4) possible by
multiplexing configuration (built-in feature)
- Easy maintenance