Total Phosphorous Colorimetric
The Total Phosphorous Colorimeter is a compact analytical instrumentation for online analysis and process monitoring. The colorimeter is based on a color-developing chemical reaction carried out inside the analyser glass cell. The sample from the process stream is autonomously grabbed by the instrument and mixed with the appropriate reagents to make the reaction happen. The analyser uses an LED light source and a photodiode to photometrically measure the developed color ntensity (absorbance). The absorbance is proportional to the concentration of the target chemical species (analyte).
The Colorimetric Analyser is the ideal instrument for industrial application such as:
- Waste water treatment plants
- Industrial applications
- Surface water monitoring
- Process control
Phosphorous is one of the parameter that are beneficial to municipal wastewater treatment customers that need to monitor their biological and chemical nutrient removal process.
Phosphorous is essential nutrients for the plants and animals
that make up the aquatic food web, therefore a modest
increase in phosphorous can under the right conditions, set off
a whole chain of undesirable events in a stream including
accelerated plant growth, algae blooms, low dissolved oxygen, and the death of certain fish, and other aquatic aninmals.
This Total Phosphorous Colorimeter will measure the total phosphorous content in water, river and waste water samples.
Advantages of On-line Analysis
- Dual compartment enclosure to ensure good separation
between electronics and hydraulics.
- Better reliable sampling pump that is able to reach a pump
height of up to 5 meters
- Built-in temperature heated controlled reacted measuring cell.
- Quick testing time, average around 7 minutes.
- Good repeatability by automation measurement
- Auto cleaning features that can be programmable
- Interval testing made possible depends on user requirements
- Test on demand available for ad-hoc measurement
- Low reagent level alarm warning.
- Manual datalogging with RS232 download (Standard)
- Connectivity to PLC or wireless network by means of 4-20mA
output or RS485 (optional)
- Monitoring of multiple streams (up to 4) possible by
multiplexing configuration (built-in feature)
- Easy maintenance